Phyllis Spiegel Pottery
Pottery by Phyllis Spiegel
c 2010 Phyllis Spiegel Pottery. All rights reserved.
I was never formally trained in the arts or crafts but always had a deep appreciation for beautiful hand crafted objects, especially ceramics. When given the opportunity to work with clay, it became an all-consuming part of my life.
I educated myself in this medium by going to museums and galleries to look at pots. I read lots of books and magazines related to clay. I enrolled in many classes and workshops where I learned from master potters. They helped not only to improve my working skills but also to change the way I was able to look at a vessel.
The more I keep working the more I keep learning and this is what holds my passion for clay. There is always a new idea or a new technique to make my pots better then the last firing.
Recent shows and exhibits:
- Newport Potters Guild, Newport, RI - Exhibition & Sale - Spring/Summer 2009
- Celladon Gallery, Water Mill, NY - Invitational Show - May & June 2009
- B.J. Spoke Gallery, Huntington, NY - Long Island Craft Guild 50th Anniversary Show - May 2009
- Guild Hall Store, East Hampton, NY - 2009
- Featured in the 2009 Potters Council calendar
- Lyceum Gallery, Riverhead, NY - March 2008
- The 12th Gangjin Celadon Festival, International Ceramic Artist Workshop, Gangjin, Korea - Sept 2007
- The Korea Woodkiln Conserve Association Gallery Show - Gyeongyu, Korea - Sept 2007
- Celedon Gallery, Water Mill, NY - Invitational Show - May & June 2007
- Art League of Long Island group show , Dix Hills, NY - Summer 2006